Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs) are dedicated, charitable investment accounts that allow you to recommend grants to organizations whose missions inspire you.
How do I use my DAF?
You can use your DAF to support charities like Seamen’s Society in three ways:
1. Recommend a grant from your DAF
You can recommend a grant by contacting your fund administrator, or, if you use Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon, through the DAF Direct tool below.
2. Set up recurring grants from your DAF
Through your DAF’s administrator or online portal, you can set up recurring grants that will support and sustain Seamen’s Society’s mission and help strengthen children and families. Through your DAF, you select the frequency of the grants.
3. Name Seamen's Society as the beneficiary of your DAF
You can create a legacy and help continue Seamen’s Society’s mission of strengthening children and families after your lifetime by naming us as the beneficiary of your DAF. You can contact your fund administrator to do this.
Please also let our Development Office know so we can thank you by emailing: email@example.com.
When recommending a grant or designating a beneficiary through your DAF:
- Please use the following information:
- Organization name: Seamen’s Society for Children and Families
- Tax ID: 13-5563010
- Mailing address: 50 Bay St., Staten Island, NY 10301
- Contact: Development Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 718-447-7740
- Please request that your name and address be shared with us so we can acknowledge your generosity.
If you have questions about how Seamen’s Society uses DAF funds, please e-mail email@example.com.